Tuesday, June 7, 2011

GOOD MORNING

Hello, guys & dolls.

It has been quite awhile since I have posted so am hoping you won't mind helping me out a little bit. Things have changed a bit since I last blogged. I am having trouble getting posting pictures, which is why there isn't any on this entry. I'd appreciate some help.

That aside, let me say I have remembered each of you in prayer,  have thought about you often, always with great affection. Remembering how we first met and all we have been through together ...well, it showed me that we were not strangers but family.
So family...get back to me and let me know what has been going on with you.
Have you remembered how special you are, that dreams DO come true, and that it is never about who we are but WHOSE we are? Have you remembered that a new day means a new way; an opportunity to do things better, a do-over, like we had when we were kids. Remember how great that was?


Life can get pretty rough sometimes. Trials can seem to take away every bit of security we had, often gets us so stressed that we forget that each trial comes to its own end, that there really is a rainbow just around the corner. We must never lose HOPE, must always keep its flame burning.
    We must not allow ourselves to remember that kindness, compassion and affection can tear down steel walls, can melt a cold heart faster than the sun can melt an ice-cube.
However your day goes today, don't forget to embrace its blessings, to be grateful for them. There are so many, even on our darkest day. We just have to look a little harder to find them.

A few of you that I have made contact with of late have asked how things are going in my corner of the world. Well, I won't deny I've been through some pretty rough waters since last I blogged, but the Lord never let me sink. He always honored the faith I had.
The back surgery I had three weeks ago went well. I am recovering faster than most, I am told. My husband's health is much worse than it was a year ago. He gets discouraged, but I remind him to take it a day at a time, a minute at a time, if that is what it  takes.
   One of my sons went to rehab and is doing so great. I am so proud of him, especially because of all he gave up in order to do it. That was one of the prayers the Lord answered for me. It took many years but God is faithful.

Can't overdo, so must cut this short. I will be catching up with your blogs a little at a time, so be patient okay? Miss you all so much. I am so looking forward to being in touch again.

Till next time, take care of yourselves.

Don't forget that Life Is Short..so create some awesome memories.

Love you much,


Barb


2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so good to see a post from you. That is encouraging about your back surgery. Healing faster than most is always good news. Take good care and hope to hear more soon!

Rose said...

glad to hear you are doing well after surgery. xoxoxo love you!