Sunday, June 12, 2011

Trying To Catch Up


Hello everybody,

I can't believe I let so much time go by without posting.
I had good intentions, but as you can see, I missed the
mark by a mile, if not more. It's a first for me, as far as
not posting goes. I can remember when I had six journals
going at the same time, and each one was kept up.

I hope today finds each of you embracing the days moments as they come, not missing the miracle contained within it. Oh, I know, sometimes it isn't easy to believe in miracles, especially if you are still trying to work through a major loss. But try to believe. Hold tight to HOPE, for it is what enables us to keep going when all we want to do is quit.

I talked to some people recently who were telling me how they dreaded

an upcoming family reunion. I can remember feeling the same way when younger. Thankfully, I got wiser; learned that the reason some reunions turn out badly for some individuals is because they had unrealistic expectations. Sound familiar? You know how it is. We get happy...all
excited, thinking about seeing loved ones. In our minds we play out just how it is going to go. Everybody is going to get along, have a great time.
There will be no tension, no fighting, no walls erected. (only in our dreams, right?) smiling here, guys & dolls.

It is so gorgeous out, not hot, no raining, not windy or cold. It's just sunny and about 78. I am looking forward to feeling better so I can venture out more. It has only been several weeks since I had back surgery, and though I am doing extremely well (no braces at all, or walker), I still have to take it slow, which doesn't come easy. Because I feel so much better I have a tendency to take on too much then don't feel my best.
   I am looking forward to summer picnics, playing with our granddaughter, Jennifer Joy, who starts school this year, turned 5 in January. Wish all our grandchildren lived close, and great-grandchildren too. They all live out of state so we seldom get to see any of them. Thank goodness for Facebook.

My apologies for the shortness of this entry. I promise they will be better as I improve. Hope to hear from all of you soon. I'll be visiting your journals soon. Miss you all & love you much.


   







3 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Hi Barb,
I love your Blog and the fresh colors of green, etc.! I am glad to have another nice friend, you, to pray with and chat with, etc. If you've rad any of my Blog posts-- you already know me... lol. My close friends who know me will say that I am kind and generous-- but i don't mince words when it comes to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Bible.

Warm Regards,
Tom Schuckman tschuckman@aol.com
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70. -Wisconsin-

Rose said...

I am just as neglectful with my journal. was easier some how before...so glad you are doing well! xo

Water Filtration Raleigh said...

Great ppost thanks