Thursday, March 8, 2012

A New Day- A New Way, A New Road


Good Morning,

Sometimes, when life is so overwhelming, when my trials seem heavier than I can bear, I think of this photo, for it always comforts me, reminding me that  every twenty-four hours a new day confronts me. I have opportunity to walk a different path, have the opportunity to travel upon a different road, one that will enable my heart and mind together, to walk a straight line. I can't do that by myself. I have to place my hand within the Lord's, keep my eyes upon him, and walk beside him.
  He is helping me remember how important that is, to walk beside him rather than ahead, or worse, falling behind. If fall behind I will no doubt fall back into the habit of trying to work things out myself, and that never works. It's like putting the horse before the cart. If I make the mistake of running ahead of the Lord, my foolishness will cause me to stumble, to act before getting his advice, his directions.

These past few months have been so very hard for me. The river would rise in my eyes so unexpectedly. My heart would be so low- upon the ground even, yet in his goodness he did not allow it to remain there. The warmth of His love lifts me up, HE lifts me up. He brushes me off, and hugs me close to his heart. "It's alright," I can imagine him saying to me. "You're not alone, child. I'm here."

As I do in my Spiritual journal when I'm troubled,  I ask myself "What might the Lord tell me today?"  I think today he'd tell me to be brave, to not lose heart, to be courageous, for he is coming soon. I think he'd tell me that when my burden seems too heavy, to remember that He is willing to carry it for me. He'd tell me, I know, not to forget how far he has walked with me, how many storms he's seen me through. He'd remind me how often I asked him to stay with me till sleep found my eyes; how many times he held me tight, close to his heart when I cried.


Each new day contains it's share of troubles. What helps is to not make a burden weigh a ton. When the Lord helps carry it our burdens are light, easy to handle, and that, not in our strength, but in His.

   Today has it's share of sadness and concerns but I choose not to focus on them. Better it is I think, to remember the wisdom in choosing the right road to travel- to remember that a day containing hard things is really a good thing, painful though it may be. Trials reveal to the world and to ourselves, both our weaknesses and our strengths. They help us develop into the kinds of  people who can make a difference. I think we all want that.



I want to thank you for praying for our family, for the thoughtful and supportive comments, and for your friendship. It's been tough trying to grieve the loss of my sister while having a husband on hospice and a daughter-in-law who is very ill too. I love and appreciate every one of  you. Johnny asked me to thank you too, for being so kind and loving to me.


Have an awesome day, my friends. Be good to yourselves - better to others, and don't forget that life is short. Create beautiful memories today.

Love you much,





                                                            

6 comments:

Sybil said...

My Dearest Barb,
what wonderful true words you write. I am grateful to you for being the one who God has sent tonight to remind me of many things..
Good Night,
God Bless,
Love to you and Johnny xxxx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those words of yours touched me in a special way today. We have to remember in all the good times and the bad just how blessed we are. As always you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of Love and Hugs!

Elizabeth Dianne said...

"I think today he'd tell me to be brave, to not lose heart, to be courageous, for he is coming soon. I think he'd tell me that when my burden seems too heavy, to remember that He is willing to carry it for me. He'd tell me, I know, not to forget how far he has walked with me, how many storms he's seen me through. He'd remind me how often I asked him to stay with me till sleep found my eyes; how many times he held me tight, close to his heart when I cried."

This passage was so beautiful, Barb and really spoke to me.

Thank you for your genuine and kind heart.

God bless you today.

Love,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Barb well said and I read every word. My prayers are with you.

Love you---
Kev

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Hey Barb, you need to go read my post today!!!

Sandisan said...

Beautiful words and thoughts. God is always with us, especially in our darkest hours. I know that we will all meet again under God's good grace...keeping you and Johnny in my thoughts & daily prayers..love you Sandi